We are actively seeking help and welcome all to join us to growing The Giving Spirit.
Following are just a few of the open volunteer roles we are looking to fill within our organization:
EDUCATION & COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT TEAM: Organizes and coordinates The Giving Spirit’s educational initiative on homeless issues in Los Angeles. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assist in developing programming and strategic direction of new committee
- Event coordinator to organize and manage programs at The Giving Spirit events
- Work with local schools and youth groups
- Click HERE for more ->
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS TEAM: Creates, coordinates and manages The Giving Spirit’s messaging through all mediums, including social media. Please contact email@example.com
- Social Media
- General Marketing
- Website Development
- Media Maintenance
- Video editors to edit videos of educational sessions for online and teaching modes
VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE TEAM: Manages event registration, volunteer refreshments, t-shirts and event orientation. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- People person to assist in coordination/management of event registration
- Kid friendly volunteer interested in managing card making program for cards placed in each survival kit
COMMUNITY OUTREACH TEAM: In advance of our Summer and Winter Events: coordinates volunteers to distribute survival kits at homeless agencies, and directly on the streets throughout L.A. Includes orienting/instructing volunteers about (1) driving/distribution rules, (2) how to give out kits, and (3) locations for serving homeless lives on the street. email@example.com
- Event ambassador to help coordinate volunteers who are giving out kits, including instructions, answering questions and monitoring volunteer sign-ups/destinations.
- Event planner to work with team in the 8 weeks prior to each main Event.
PROCUREMENT TEAM: Acquires items for duffel bag and backpack survival kit assemblies and events. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Logistics manager to coordinate purchased, donated and stored kit assembly items
- Coordinator for in-kind partnerships and allocations
- Driver to pick up and deliver shipments in Los Angeles
EVENTS TEAM: Designs assembly process and manages volunteers at kit assembly events. Please contact email@example.com.
- Event planners to help design and manage assembly events
- Event ambassadors to direct/manage volunteers and to answer questions
DEVELOPMENT TEAM: Raises funds for operations and educational initiative. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Leaders interested in connecting with business community resources for funding
- Writers/managers for grant and funding proposals and managing funding accounts Financial analyst to assess donor base funding trends over past 5 years.
PLUS! We are looking for companies or professionals in these areas...
PRINTING COMPANY: Every year we need to print guides and handouts for the homeless with shelter and donation locations and directions to include in our kits. We are looking for commercial printing companies who can donate their services to support our outreach. Please contact email@example.com.
COMMERCIAL MOVING AND DELIVERY SERVICE (truck drivers and truck owners): Each year we need bonded and licensed drivers and trucks to help us move goods from place to place in the preparation and delivery of our kits. If interested in helping out please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.