Twice a year volunteers gather to assemble survival kits filled with daily necessities. Volunteers have the unique opportunity to distribute the kits directly and reach out to those who need them most. By extending their hands, the volunteers offer help, hope, kindness and compassion to those in need.
Volunteer. Give. Learn.
Registration is NOW LIVE! There are various shifts available. Register and select your shift NOW. Be sure to sign up individually so that we can keep an accurate count. All shifts commence at Brentwood Presbyterian Church (12000 San Vicente Blvd, LA 90049).
FRIDAY, May 19
- 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM: Backpack Kit Assembly Prep Work and Assemble Backpack Survival Kits (Adults & Families Welcome)
SATURDAY, May 20
- 7:30 AM - 11:00 AM: Assemble Backpack Survival Kits (Adults, Children & Families Welcome)
- 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM: Assemble Backpack Survival Kits (Adults, Children & Families Welcome)
- 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM: *Distribution & Outreach: Preparation, Drivers' Meeting & Agency Assignments (11AM - Noon)
Distribution at Agencies and Directly on the Streets (Noon - 6PM) (Adults, Children & Families Welcome)
*Distribution: May take anywhere from 1 – 5 hours depending on your time and availability.
- 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Finish & Clean Up (We always need more help with this!)
Parking: Free parking is available in the Comerica Bank parking lot (off S. Saltair Ave.), upper level on Friday and Saturday. 12001 San Vicente Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90049. Please look for signs to direct you. The lot is directly across from Brentwood Presbyterian Church 12000 San Vicente Blvd, Los Angeles CA 90049. Additional parking is also available on Gretna Green Way Friday - Saturday.