Twice a year volunteers gather to assemble survival kits filled with daily necessities. They have the unique opportunity to distribute the kits directly & reach out to those who need them most. By extending their hands, our volunteers offer help, hope, kindness and compassion.
RSVP for Winter Outreach Now! - Or scroll down to see more.
Please join us to be a part of The Giving Spirit's Winter Outreach 2017 event! Register and select your shift. Each volunteer must sign up individually so that we can keep an accurate count. All shifts commence at Brentwood Presbyterian Church, 12000 San Vicente Blvd, LA 90049.
THURSDAY, December 14, 2017
- 7:30 PM - 10:00 PM: Bring Supplies into Assembly Hall, Set up and Inventory Items (Adults Preferred)
FRIDAY, December 15, 2017
- Noon - 3:00 PM: Prepare Space and Items for Assembly Process (Adults Preferred)
- 3:30 PM - 6:00 PM: Prepare Items for Assembly Process (Adults & Families Welcome)
- 6:30 PM - 10:00 PM: Finish Assembly Prep Work, Set up Assemble Line, Assemble Survival Kits (Adults & Families Welcome)
SATURDAY, December 16, 2017
- 7:30 AM - 11:00 AM: Assemble Survival Kits (Adults, Children & Families Welcome)
- *NEW* 9:15 AM - 10:30 AM: Mayor Garcetti Town Hall: "Hope for our Unsheltered Neighbors: Policy and Progress"
- 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM: Assemble Survival Kits (Adults & Families Welcome)
- 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM: *Distribution & Outreach. Distribution Signup, Load Volunteer Cars with Kits for Street Distribution, Travel to Agencies for Distribution. (Adults, Children & Families Welcome)
- 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Finish & Clean Up (We always need more help with this!)
SUNDAY, December 17, 2017
- 10:30 AM - 3:00 PM: *Distribution & Outreach. 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM: Distribution Signup, Load Volunteer Cars with Kits for Street Distribution. 11:30 AM - 3:00 PM: Street Distribution. (Adults, Children & Families Welcome)
*Distribution: May take anywhere from 1 – 5 hours depending on your time and availability. If you signed up for distribution, please arrive 30 minutes before your shift for orientation & instructions.
Registration: Upon arrival, please proceed to the Registration Desk located in the Brentwood Presbyterian church courtyard to sign in.
Parking: Free parking is available in the Comerica Bank parking lot, upper level on Friday and Saturday. 12001 San Vicente Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90049, off S. Saltair Ave. Please look for signs to direct you. The lot is directly across from Brentwood Presbyterian Church 12000 San Vicente Blvd, Los Angeles CA 90049. Additional parking is also available on Gretna Green Way Friday - Saturday.